For ultimate peace of mind when renting out your gear
What is the KitSplit Owner Guarantee?
The KitSplit Owner Guarantee protects all KitSplit gear owners from voluntary parting on all rentals of gear worth up to $20,000 - at no additional cost.
The owner guarantee is free for every rental under $20k, every time. Whenever a renter rents gear worth up to $20,000, the Owner Guarantee automatically covers the owner. No opt-in necessary.
To ensure that your items are protected under the KitSplit Owner Guarantee:
- Make sure the replacement value is set accurately for each item you list for rent on the KitSplit. KitSplit will only pay out for an item up to the listed replacement value. The guarantee only applies to rentals up to a total of $20,000 in value.
- Make sure all items in a package are mentioned in the listing. If they’re not in the listing, they may not be protected by the KitSplit Owner Guarantee.
To be eligible to make a claim, you must be the person or business owner who created and verified the account on KitSplit and maintained the Listing. You must not have been convicted of any felony offenses in the past 5 years, and you must never have had insurance cancelled, refused or declined.
Making a claim
Here are the steps if you want to make a claim under the KitSplit Owner Guarantee:
- If your gear is not returned on time, you must notify KitSplit within 24 hours of the end date of the rental via email, message, or phone.
- If your Listing is not returned within 72 hours of the end date of the rental, we recommend that you make a police report for theft by fraud or theft by false pretenses.
- All claims of theft require 1) a copy of a filed police report; 2) confirmation of the police report filing and a criminal investigation by law enforcement
- If you have your own insurance policy which covers rentals to other people, you will be required to make a claim on that policy first, before making a claim under the KitSplit Owner Guarantee. If your insurance will not cover the loss, or your claim is rejected, you can make a claim under the KitSplit Owner Guarantee.
The KitSplit Owner Guarantee does not apply to:
- Loss of use or ongoing rental fees for the time before you receive a reimbursement or replacement.
- Damage or wear and tear to the Listing, which should be claimed by the renter.
- Missing items where the renter is responsible for a reimbursement.
- Physical locations, vehicles, grip & electric trucks, props, watercraft, and aircraft.
More details on how the program works at kitsplit.com/owner-guarantee.