If you have production insurance or long-term equipment rental insurance you are welcome to use it to cover rentals on KitSplit.
When you're placing a rental request, you'll be asked to pick an insurance type–click "Use third Party Insurance". If your rental is accepted, you will be asked to upload a COI issued from your insurance broker with the gear owners loss payee information (which will be provided to you in an email).
When you select this option, we place a temporary hold on your credit card for the amount of our insurance. If you do not submit a valid COI within 36 hours before your rental starts, we will charge your card for the cost of insurance.
The COI that you upload must clearly state:
- Your name or your company's name which must match the name on your KitSplit account
- The policy's expiration date
- The limit on individual claims and total coverage limits
- The name and address of the renter as the insured
- The name and address of the owner as certificate holder
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.