We take trust and safety very seriously at KitSplit. We've built a community of professional members who are respectful and careful with the gear.
Here are some of the safety measures we’ve built to protect you and your gear:
- 40-point risk assessment vetting system that all members must pass in order to transact on the platform
- Upload a government issued photo ID and a photo of your face next to the ID. Our team manually checks these IDs, and system verifies that the information is accurate and the IDs are real.
- Our system uses machine learning as well as human review to track and stop any unusual or suspect behavior on KitSplit
- Our payment processor verifies the credit card
- All of our renters are required to have rental insurance that covers the equipment they are renting. Renters can purchase insurance through KitSplit and our partner Heffins. If a renter submits third party coverage, our team works with the insurance company to verifies that it is valid.
- Renters renting high value gear must provide references and additional information, which our team verifies.
- All renters and owners rate and review each other after each rental. KitSplit may remove members who receive low ratings or reviews that indicate suspect or inappropriate behavior.
- Customer service 7 days a week. Our team is here to help with any question or issue. Call, text, email, or chat directly on the site.
Questions? Concerns? We're here to help. Chat us or email us email@example.com call us at 917.722.6792—we're always happy to hear from you!