What if the renter never returns the equipment?
If the total amount of gear rented is less than $20,000, you will covered by the Owner Guarantee.
For rentals of gear worth more than $20,000, we strongly recommend that owners have insurance policies that cover voluntary parting.
How likely is voluntary parting on KitSplit?
At KitSplit we have gone to great lengths to build a trustworthy community that treats gear and members with respect. Our vetting system keeps the vast majority of fraudulent people off KitSplit. As a result the risk of voluntary parting is 0.02%.
Here are some of the safety measures that protect your gear on KitSplit:
- 40-point risk assessment vetting system that all members must pass in order to transact on the platform
- Upload a government issued photo ID and a photo of your face next to the ID. Our team manually checks these IDs, and system verifies that the information is accurate and the IDs are real.
- Our system uses machine learning as well as human review to track and stop any unusual or suspect behavior on KitSplit
- Our payment processor verifies that the credit card is valid
- All of our renters are required to have rental insurance that covers the equipment they are renting. Renters can purchase insurance through KitSplit and our partner Heffins. If a renter submits third party coverage, our team works with the insurance company to verifies that it is valid.
- Renters renting high value gear must provide references and additional information, which our team verifies.
Questions? Concerns? We're here to help. Chat us or email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 917.722.6792—we're always happy to hear from you!